Monday 16 July 2007

The Big Day!!!!

The current Mrs C here!
I have spent all day wondering how things were going for Pete, nervously anticipating a call or text. It came at 4.50 p.m as a text.
I've done it. 10 hours.
More news - he's fine but has suffered. One of his team mates suffered more so, having taken a fall and had to give up. Very sad after all the training. Hope he's ok.
I've just had a brief phone chat ....4th climb was absolute hell and the 5th climb - er that was hell too....... it was hot, hot, hot, melting tarmac and gravel sticking on his tyres.... no wind except in the valleys where it was against them.... Some of the descending was wild (not by him I hope!) - lots of crashes and people being carted off in ambulances. He was absolutely on his beam end (???)... but now he feels ok.
I'll let him fill you in properly on his return.
For now, many thanks to everyone who has supported him and donated sponsorship money.
Mrs C.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! A real test of guts! Well done Peter.
The Shanklin Webbs

JackH said...

Well done - can't wait for the tales of carnage and mayhem.

Anonymous said...

Well done mate... not bad for an old bugger : - )))
You'll be able to join me for a few pies now!!!

Nige

Anonymous said...

Well done, Closey - I knew you'd do it '-) Enjoy the buzz.

CB