Sunday 20 May 2007

I'm only sleeping

Today I did the Hampshire Hilly 100.
What a fantastic exhilarating ride!
I loved it.

The statistics according to my bike computer ..... Total miles was actually 104. The 'official' anticipated mileage was 103, but everyone I spoke to agreed with me when they checked their computer or GPS system.

Average speed............... 18.2 mph in 5 hours 43 minutes.
I think that's an OK sort of time, but I don't really know. Of course, this wasn't a race . It was a challenge, a sportive, although everyone around me seemed to be racing their nuts off . I like that. If you didn't already know, lots of men (and women) are competitive in everything they do.
The organisers will be posting all the times in a few days so I can see how I measure up against the other 400 or so entrants.

I've got loads of stories to tell you about today, but I'm too knackered to write any more. Off to bed.

2 comments:

Mark Liversedge said...

Wow. I'm seriously impressed with that time. Did you wear your HRM? Intrested to see what your avg heartrate was.

Well done!!! I assume you got a gold medal?

Peter Close said...

Hi mark.
Yes, I've just checked and I'm 10 minutes inside the gold standard.
No, I didn't wear my HRM.
I felt reasonably comfortable in terms of legs/muscles/breathing, although obviously some of the bigger climbs were a bit taxing.
The main problem was lack of fluid.And tummy ache.