Thursday 17 May 2007

Is cycling the new golf?

Here's a pic of Steve and Peter who have just dragged me around my neck of the woods for a couple or three hours on our bikes. One of these guys used to be a pro cyclist: Can you guess which one?

A few observations.
Cycling with other people is a thousand times easier than being on your own,
Riding in warm sunny relatively calm conditions is fantastic.
The Island is a hilly place to live.
Cycling is more difficult when your front brake is binding.
My bottom doesn't hurt when I don't think about it.
Ex-pro cyclists are much faster and fitter than middle-aged blokes who take up cycling instead of golf.


I've got to go and meet my new buddies for an intensive liquid calorie intake session.

2 comments:

Jacko said...

The one on the left looks like he's carrying a bit of timber - nice kit though!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think the one on the left looks Grrrrrreat!